Coding Schools for kids are a valuable investment for your children aged 6-17 years. There are many reasons why teaching kids to code can be a valuable skill for their future.
Reasons to teach your kids coding
- Future job opportunities: As technology continues to advance, coding skills are becoming increasingly important in many fields, not just in traditional computer programming jobs. By learning to code, your children will be better prepared for a future where many jobs will require some level of programming knowledge.
- Problem-solving skills: Coding involves breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts. This helps kids develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that can be applied to many areas of their lives.
- Creativity: Coding is a creative process that allows kids to express their ideas in new and innovative ways. They can build their own websites, create video games, or design their own apps, which can be a great outlet for their creativity.
- Computational thinking: Coding also teaches kids to think logically and systematically. They learn how to approach problems in a structured way and break them down into smaller steps, which is a valuable skill in many areas of life.
- Future-proofing: Technology is becoming increasingly pervasive in our lives, and coding is a skill that will likely become even more important in the future. By teaching your kids to code now, you’ll be helping them future-proof their skills and stay ahead of the curve.
Overall, teaching your kids to code can be a valuable investment in their future. Even if they don’t end up pursuing a career in technology, the skills they learn through coding can be applied to many areas of their lives.
So, what are the best coding schools for kids in Kenya?
If you are looking to expose your kids to coding from an early stage in Kenya. Here are some of the best places to get them to start their coding journey from as early as possible:
Codingal is an online coding school where kids can get started in learning a programming language from as early as grade 1 all the way through grade 12. The content is designed to fit the different stages of a child’s development. The school offers live personalised sessions where kids can learn practical skills under the guidance of expert technical mentors.
Digikids is a holiday and weekend coding school for kids aged 6-17 years. The school’s cohorts are designed with the Kenyan school calendar system in mind so that students can attend more focused classes during holiday months. Digikids is run by the Strathmore iLab Africa Innovation Centre. Unfortunately, the school’s website is not the most clear or easy to navigate but giving them a call should help. Hopefully, your child can. build them a new website once they go through the program. Regardless, this is a highly recommended program if you prefer in-person coding classes for your kid.
3) Kidato School
Kidato School is a home school that runs online and has built its brand over time in the Kenyan education space. They also have an International School focused on the Cambridge Curriculum. In particular, Kidato offers open online classes where kids can learn different skills from how to play chess, personal finance, to coding/programming. You can explore their wide options of classed on their website. The Scratch coding and Junior Robotics classes would be most ideal if coding is the priority.
Teaching kids how to code at an early stage has significant benefits on their growth and development. We have explored 3 schools where you can expose your child to coding and programming skills if they are between ages 6-17 years. Beyond that, your child should not be relying on coding program for kids and that’s why Zindua offers a Software Development program for High School graduates where you can take your kids if they are above 17 years and have just completed their high school education. Click here to learn more about Zindua School and the programs offered.